CaravanMods stocks the widest range of caravan sullage hose camlock fittings. Camlock fittings are most commonly used on caravan's to easily connect the sullage hose to the waste outlet or waste water tank.
What size camlock fittings do I need?
To choose the correct size sullage hose fittings, you will need to know 2 things;
1. What size is the waste outlet on your caravan? Your caravan waste outlet will either be a length of hose which will accept a barbed fitting or alternatively, it could be a threaded fitting. Typically if you have a grey water tank fitted, you'll find that you have either or 1 1/2" BSP (40mm) threaded fitting. If you don't have a grey water tank fitted you'll probably have a 25mm barbed fitting.
2. What size sullage hose you are using? Caravan sullage hoses come in four standard sizes 25mm, 27mm, 32mm or 38mm. The measurements relate to the inside diameter of the hose Our tip: Sometimes 27mm is referred to as 28mm and sometimes 38mm is referred to as 40mm.
- 25mm barbed camlock fittings will fit into a 25mm sullage hose. It will also suit perfectly a 27mm or 28mm caravan sullage hose.
- A 32mm barbed camlock fitting will fit into a 32mm sullage hose
- A 40mm barbed camlock fitting will suit 38mm sullage hose
To help get the barbed fittings in the hose you might need to warm the hose in hot water, Once fitted, you can use a worm drive hose clamp to secure it in place.
What size caravan sullage hose do I need?
The most common size is a 25mm Caravan sullage hose as they are significantly lighter in weight and more compact when rolled up! The will also easily fit inside our caravan hose storage bags. If you have a caravan with only a kitchen sink then a 25mm caravan sullage hose will offer a more than adequate discharge flow rate. If you have a caravan with a shower you can still easily use a 25mm sullage hose if you have a grey water tank onboard. The 25mm sullage hose will easily discharge the water from the shower and or sink if used concurrently and any water which is in excess of the flow rate of the hose will be stored in the grey water tank momentarily. In this case the grey water tank acts as an accumulator.
If you're using a 25mm caravan sullage hose with a 1 1/2" BSP threaded fitting you will need to purchase a 1 1/2" BSP to 1" BSP reducer.
How to connect a caravan sullage hose?
The easiest and most reliable way to connect your caravan sullage hose is by using camlock fittings! Browse our range of easy connect sullage hose fittings today!
Need more help choosing the right caravan sullage hose fitting, give us a call today! (02) 9806 3055