Short Aussie Traveller Anti-Flap Kit (Black)
The Aussie Traveller Anti Flap Kit offers a solution to two major problems faced by owners of all roll out awnings - These are;
- The Anti-Flap Kit offers the ability to add side walls or an awning patio extension.
- The Anti-Flap Kit prevents noisy and annoying wind flap which can lead to costly tears in your awning. Not to mention the sleepless nights listening to the annoying flap of the awning.
It's interesting to note that awning damage from windy conditions is reported as one of the most common RV related insurance claims. Meaning an Anti-Flap Kit forms part of the must have list for any Caravanner.
How does it work?
The Anti-Flap kit when assembled forms a full length clamp which securely holds onto the awning fabrics' outside edge. The kit then connects to the caravan wall using the supplied bracket and connects to the barrel of the awning via a round hole which is to be drilled into the awning barrel.
Once assembled, the kit reduces flapping and provides increased stability along with a wind and waterproof seal between the edge of the roof fabric and the walls (if attached). The kit consists of all parts required for 1 awning, (2 clamps - 1/side edge).
Which size do I need?
To measure and confirm which size Anti-Flap Kit is required you will need to simply;
- Fully roll out and set up your awning as normal
- Measure the distance from the wall of the caravan where the rope holds the awning fabric to the inside of the barrel on the awning.
You then choose from the most appropriate size below:
- Short: Suits 2100 - 2200mm (210cm - 220cm)
- Medium: Suits 2200 - 2300mm (220cm - 230cm)
- Long: Suits 2300 - 2400mm (230cm - 240cm)